22/1, Naberezhnaya Str., Tambov +7 (4752) 63-64-68
Тамбовская область
CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY

The church of the Nativity in Staroklenskoye dates back to the XVII century. The first village church was wooden. The church functioning today was first mentioned in clergymen’s records in 1850. It is exactly when the construction of the church was started and completed in 1857.

There are still some places in village streets, like Sadovaya or Pervomayskaya, where the clay for the brick production was extracted. At first, a cob was made which was then dried and fired in the oven. Workers used to add eggs to the mortar to make the bricks more solid.

It was a winter church. The church was equipped with a huge heater in the basement to keep the building warm in winter months. All over the church floor, there were special grids meant to let the warm air in from the basement.

The church has two altars: the main altar – in the name of the Nativity of Christ, while the right one – in honor of the Intercession of the Holy Mother of God.  

The church was still operating during the early years of anti-religious persecution. But the bells from the bell tower were taken down in 1930. As a result, the biggest bell broke into pieces. Villagers picked up some of them and, up to now, they keep them as sacred objects in their families. After that, the remaining bells were loaded on a cart and taken away to be remelted. 

The protecting shield of the Kazan icon of the Mother of God decorated with one-of-a-kind precious stones and metal was removed.  

At the request of believers, the service in the church was resumed after the Great Patriotic War. It was really painful to see the church in a very poor condition considering the fact that after it had been used as a storehouse for a while, its heating system was completely destroyed.

At the end of the last century, the church finally started its rebirth. It was revamped with the roof being entirely fixed. The domes were lifted up in 2006. The main sacred objects of the church are the relics of the holy saints of God, the icon of Blessed Matrona of Moscow, as well as the icon of St. Ambrose of Optina. 

Not only locals attend the services but also people from the neighboring villages like Zmeyevka, Novoklenskooye, Novobogoyavlenskoye, Maly Snezhetok, and Pervomaysky settlement. The church is especially populous on the days of great religious holidays. 

0
124, Sovetskaya Str., Staroklenskoye village, Pervomaysky district, Tambov region
+7 (910) 656-40-22
http://starklen.prihod.ru
Уточняйте стоимость по телефонам контактной линии
Уточняйте о проходящих экскурсиях по телефонам контактной линии

Comments (0)






Allowed tags: <b><i><br>Add a new comment: