The first record of Dubovoye vilage was found in the documents of the 4th census of 1782. It was referred to there as “Dubovka village”. As the official papers say, the village belonged to three landlords. At the beginning of the 20th centurey it came into possession of the retired major, Ivan Oblov. He came from a long line of the Oblovs (the Ablovs) landlords. In 1810 he had a house built here and in 1811 he funded the building of the Archangel Michael church.
For quite a while the windows of the manor house were fastened while its owner was living in Moscow. At the beginning of the 1830s Oblov with his family moved to Dubovka and soon enough started constructing a new hosue. The building was erected on the upland in the very center of the village. The wooden house was heated by three fireplaces built on the ground floor. In 1861 the landlord insured the house against fires and possible plunder – he was afraid of peasant rebels.
Oblov belonged to small gentry and lead a typical life like the majority of provincial noblemen. He was keen on flower growing and gardening. He developed hothouse planting. Rumor has it, Ivan Oblov wasn’t a strict landlord – he had a democratic attitude towards his peasants, though he remained a strong suporter of manor landownership till the end of his days.
Oblov was also fond of breeding coursers that were his pride and the center of his attention. Five spacious stables made of wood and stone and decorated by carvings were built in the village. Daily dressage and training races were held on the hippodrome outside of the village. The name of jockey Ilya Maximov stayed in history and today his surname is the most spread among the village people. Horse breeding was highly developed here and, after the revolution, the count’s stables gave rise to Dubovsky stud farm that supplied trotters to the Red Army. One of the stables had been functioning until 1988 when it was finally demolished because it no longer had any economic or historical value.
After the October events of 1917 the residents of the estate abandoned it leaving all their possesions behind. The building remained uninhabited not for long though. After the organization of a state fruit crop farm, the house turned into their main office. But the manor house kept declining.
During 1977-1983 the building was under reconstruction and was finally renovated completely. The old photographs helped to recreate the wooden carvings and fireplaces. Today’s look of Oblov‘s house lives up to its initial exterior. At present the former manor house includes a library, medical attendant’s office. The museum takes the most space in the house.