The church consecrated in honor of St. Michael the Archangel was built in 1880-1883 with the financial support of the parishioners. It is a one-altar wooden one-domed church with an attached small belfry. The church is decorated with an octagonal open dome with five gilded crosses. The crosses were installed above the central dome and on the side barrel-shaped protrusions. Such rare design of the dome and belfry that you won’t see in any other districts is a sign of the original skills of the local masters.
From the middle of the 30s of the 20th century to 1945, St. Michael the Archangel Church was closed for the believers. During the Soviet years it was supposed to be taken apart for building materials. The memoirs written by a famous Moscow homeopath, Maria Drozdova (nun Maria), tell a story behind the miraculous rescue of Ternovoye church: “…when everything was ready to start the destruction of the church, the ladders were placed to reach the dome and the workers were climbing up the steps, a local milker, who was passing by, saw all this. “What is going on here?” she asked. The answer was: “They are about to destroy the church”. - “Destroy the church?” She put her bucket with milk down and climbed the ladder to the dome. No one understood what she was going to do. She seized the foreman by the scruff of the neck and threw him down. He didn’t die instantly but he had been suffering for a week. The church was never touched again and, they say, the milker was never punished...“.
Considering the furious waves of destruction of Orthodox holy places of those times, this case could have only sped up the process of the church destruction and could have caused big troubles for the milker and her family. But, perhaps, it was the act of the heavenly powers to keep St. Michael the Archangel Church as the storage place for the miracle-working Karandeyevskaya icon which is the main holy object in this church.