Uvarovo district is located in the south-eastern part of Tambov region.
In the 12th-14th centuries, the vicinities of the present-day Uvarovo district were called Chervleny Yar and populated by Russians. In the 14th century, the Vorona river marked the border between Ryazan principality and the Golden Horde. The right bank of the Vorona was occupied by Russian guard troops. In 1702, Uvarovo settlement (today’s center of the district is Uvarovo town) became a village. In former times, it was included into Borisoglebsk uyezd of Tambov province and, in 1899, it achieved the status of the volost center as it was a large center of grain trade.
October revolution caused some turbulent events involving Uvarovo district. The volost was caught in the peasant revolt.
Present-day Uvarovo district appeared on the map in 1928. Just like a hundred years ago, the district is still primarily agricultural specializing in the production of sunflowers, vegetables and sugar beet.
S.V. Rakhmaninov museum estate is one of the most-visited tourist attractions in the district. Here the composer created most of his masterpieces.