The stadium was built in in the 60s of the 20th century in the very center of Tambov in place of the natural channel of the Studenets River that still flows “enclosed in the pipe” right under the stadium football field.
The stadium stands where Tambov was once founded in 1636.
From the end of the 70s to the beginning of the 90s “Spartak” had a proud name “Revtrud” (revolutionary work). Thanks to the contribution of the factory of the same name, it was possible to reconstruct the southern grandstand and a shed over it. The northern grandstand has had its today’s look since the mid-eighties of the last century.