The new church started life in the village in place of the one lost last century.
In 1893 local villagers raised funds to build the church with three altars – of the Archangel Michael, St. Nicholas the Wonderworker and St. Sergius of Radonezh.
The fire of 1935 almost completely destroyed the church. The remains of the church building and adjacent structures were demolished in 1937 once and for all.
It was decided quite recently to bring the gone church back to life. The church had been accommodated in a temporary building until the new one was finally built.
The new church of the Archangel Michael was consecrated in 2011. It can hardly be viewed as an exact replica of the former church but it definitely looks very similar to the old one.