The old village of Parevka was founded before 1710. In the course of three centuries, it managed to survive various historic events. Thus, it ended up in the epicenter of peasants’ resistance during the years of the Antonov Uprising. Among the punitive measures against the rebels were taking their relatives (women, the elderly and children) hostage. Many of the victims were shot by Red Army soldiers at the local graveyard where they were buried. Today, the first thing tourists notice upon visiting the location is the golden domes of the church shining brightly which gives a hope that those terrible events will never be repeated.
At the turn of the 19th-20th centuries, the village was caught on fire that destroyed the wooden church. The new stone church school with an altar in honor of the Ascension of the Lord was erected instead in 1907. Since the Soviet era to the present day, the building of the former church has been accommodating the local village hall.
The construction of a new church started in 2011. The church has truly become a decoration of the village and a fine example of wooden architecture. In terms of architecture, it is a cruciform building with a tent-shaped belfry that sits on top of the quadrangular frame of the main cubic capacity.